Pat Darcy – Retail Division Head
Biography and Resume
Pat Darcy has been serving the business community for over 30 years. Darcy joined Tucson Realty & Trust Company in May of 2012 to become the Retail Division Head. In 2014 Darcy received the Costar PowerBroker Award for being one of the top Retail Brokers in Southern Arizona. Prior to joining TRT, Darcy was a retail specialist at CBRE. He works for local, regional and national clients. As a long term resident of Tucson, Darcy has taken an active role in the local community and speaks to business and youth groups. He also participates in youth baseball clinics.
Darcy’s clients appreciate his ability to develop working relationships with individuals from all types of backgrounds. They depend on his expertise and skills in serving the specific needs.
Prior to working in commercial real estate, Darcy was a major league baseball player with the Cincinnati Reds and in 1975 became the first high school baseball player from Southern Arizona to play in and win a World Series championship. He serves as a coach at the Reds’ annual Fantasy Camp.
- When Safeway wanted to demo their central Tucson grocery store at Broadway and Campbell to build their new prototype store they asked Mr. Darcy to help them assemble seven properties surrounding their existing store. It took over four years to complete the assemblage and now Safeway has a top performing store to serve the inner city area. He has represented Safeway Inc. on five stores and two regional offices in the Tucson area.
- In 2012 M.A.R Properties decided to spec a ± 10,300 SF retail center with Darcy as their broker. Before the development was completed the center was 100% leased.
- In 2015 he represented HSL Properties in their purchase of the well known Tucson restaurant, the ± 8,147 SF The Old Pueblo Grille.
- In 2016 he represented HSL Properties in their lease of the former Old Pueblo Grille to Abuela’s Cocina Mexicana
- In 2016 he represented Colony AMC in the sale of two retail properties in central Tucson
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) Member
- Lead recruiter for the City of Tucson in bringing in the Colorado Rockies to Tucson for their spring training headquarters
- Eight years as a member of the City of Tucson Parks and Recreation Commission with the last four years as Chairman
- Speaker for Linking Sports and Communities, a not for profit organization helping underprivileged young people
- Community Relations Council for the Fred Acosta Job Corp Center
- Catalina United Methodist Church
- Youth Coach
- President of the Pima County Sports Hall of Fame
- Master of Ceremony for Pima County Sports Hall of Fame annual dinner and press conference
- Southern Arizona Mental Health Association
- Dinner Committee, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Arizona Daily Star’s Tucson Festival of Books panel moderator
- Speaker at schools, clubs and business groups on the value of education and sports
- TMM Family Services Board Member
- Member of the Southern Arizona Chapter CCIM
- University of Arizona/Bachelor of Arts